Make Someday Today
”I’ll take that big trip someday”
“Someday I’ll start my own business”
”Someday I’ll have more time for my family”
In speaking with various people over the past few weeks, I’ve heard these “someday” statements a lot. A LOT. It’s not just regarding work; Someday also relates to personal wants, its family time, goals and dreams that people want to achieve.
Here is the problem with someday. It frequently never comes. Someday isn’t a definitive date. Someday is just a dream. A dream, most frequently, doesn’t come true because we don’t put in the effort and work to see it from vision to reality.
You know what does comes true? A goal.
A goal has a deadline.
A goal has a plan.
A goal holds you accountable.
So how do you translate your “someday dream” into a “today is the day goal”?
1. You set a date. A date holds you accountable. A date, written down and visible keeps you focused on that goal.
2. You make a plan. You can’t just say I’m going to take that bucket list trip. You make a plan as to how you are going to do it. You break that plan into do-able to-dos that you can work on. You write them down.
3. You identify any roadblocks. If it is a trip, is it money? Passports? If it is starting your own business is it capital? Time? If it is family time is it work schedule? Once you identify your roadblocks you can better address them.
4. Get accountable. Write down your goals and have them visible. Better yet, have someone hold you accountable to do what you said you are going to do. Check-in with yourself that you are getting it done!
5. Get a coach. Yep, a coach does all of this and more. A coach can help you refine your vision, and get you to where you want to go FASTER than you can on your own.
Interested in seeing how it works? Schedule your free discovery session: https://ibiscoaching.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php